Friday, April 10, 2009

what's new

On conference Sunday Josh suddenly decided it was time to start potty training Enoch. I am leaving for 8 days this week, so I have been waiting till after I get back to start, because I was assuming that Josh would never want to play such an active role in potty training. I guess I was wrong! And Enoch is doing pretty good. That Sunday he must of used the potty at least 5 times. Monday to Wednesday I was alone all day with the kids including the new baby who eats and eats and so thus the diapers came back on. But yesterday Josh was around more and we had a successful afternoon. We will see what today brings. No accidents. YET. So far the best bribe to use had been that once Enoch goes pee on the potty, he gets to wear his green dinosaur jammies.

The debate with Levi and kindergarten is on going. I asked him what he wanted to do, and he said he wanted to stay home another year. When I asked him why he said " Cause I love you all too much." I thought that was cute. I change my mind weekly on this matter. Levi is really picking up his letters and likes to ask how just about everything is spelled. He loves to play on the computer, which is good and bad. Good cause he plays so happily and I can get so much done, including having a nap when the younger two are sleeping. Good because some of the games require math skills and we are working on learning to add and subtract. (He counts with his fingers, of course, and pushes them against his forehead as he counts--so cute). Bad cause he would play all day if I let him. I can just see him being a game-addict when he is older. Thankfully he is also taking a new love and liking to basketball and soccer.

Monet is gaining weight at a steady pace. She has changed so much already; I just want to press pause. She is a really sweet baby. She smiles lots in her sleep and just today she gave me her first Stone-baby-half-smile while she was awake. We just got her passport back so that she and I can go spend some time together in Texas this week while Josh stays home with the boys. Beware of passports and newborns, it is one BIG headache!! I had to go back to Superstore 4 times before they finally got a photo that the passport office would accept. The demands they put on a newborn photo are ridiculous!

7 comments:

Josh said...

That is the funniest picture of those boys ever, bar none.

Sarah said...

Those are such cute pictures!! I looked at the ones your friend took and they are so adorable. You look beautiful, Sachie!

Jolanda said...

Sachie, I LOVED those photos your friend took of Monet. She is adorable. I couldn't decide if she looked more like a Stone or a Cahoon, either way...beautiful.
You looked so beautiful too! It made me sad that I didn't get pictures of Allie done.

We had to get the boys passport pictures done when they were 3 weeks old. It was nothing short of ridiculous, I feel the pain!

ec said...

go enoch!

and i agree. i almost deleted that pic of the boys with monet, but couldn't do it. i think you should blow it up big and hang it on your wall. ha!

Ashley Dawn said...

I love that picture. I think it's funny that Levi would play all day. It reminds me of something his father did when first introduced to a certain nintendo game....hmmmm. Maybe he'll be a stay up all night until 7am kind of person too? I still think that I couldn't have made a better decision holding Kaia out of Kindergarten for one more year. She was just more emotionally and socially ready. It's amazing how much more adaptable she became in one year. Good luck with the decision. I can't wait to see Monet. Are you guys going to be in Calgary in a couple weeks?

missLaura said...

Is Josh super-dad or what? Holy smokes. Good for Enoch and good for Josh. Texas here we come!!!!

sarah said...

Passport photos for a newborn? I can see the big headache.
Adam had his 3rd birthday and my husband was like, wasn't Cameron potty trained by the time he was 3? Yes....he was...