Monday, July 14, 2008

saskatoon bugs

When one moves to Saskatoon there are a few things that are likely to happen eventually over time.
First, we developed a love for Smallville. That started when we came out here to house hunt.
Second, we developed a sixth sense to watch out for crazy drivers. You would be amazed at how red of a light people will run here.
Next, we discovered how much we miss chinooks.
Along with the previous lesson learned, we have realized to get outside and enjoy good weather while it is here.
Last, and this is something I never thought I would catch, is the running bug. A lot of people here run. Rain or shine, winter or summer, inside and out. People here (not all, of course) seem to like to run. I am now one of them. I love to turn on my ipod and run down the cracked streets and listen to my feet hit the pavement. There is something so peaceful about it. This is one cold I hope to have caught for a while.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you gonna get a sling?

Vanessa said...

Sling??

I have to say Sachie, you are one of the crazy ones out here. My running desire lasts about 2 blocks when I can't breath anymore, and then I'm done. Good luck!!

ec said...

when are we going to pound the pavement together? we've been talking about it for too long ...

Andy said...

...I guess I should have stayed in Sask longer....either that or I have a great immune system.

Ashley Dawn said...

That's awesome. I totally had that bug here, but pregnancy knocks it out of you. Keep it up. There is something awesome about it.

missLaura said...

running is the best Sach, glad you love it!

Jen - the mom said...

i too enjoy the solitude of a good run, outside, by myself, listening to what i want to listen to - just me and my ipod:) i miss you!