Sunday, June 24, 2007

newly wed 10

Ever heard of the freshmen 10? The 10 pounds that new students tend to gain their first semester being away from home,
eating all of that cafeteria food as they are cooped up in their dorms studying? The same thing happens when you get married. All these years I have been blaming my "few pounds" on the fact that I have birthed two children. Nope. I have come to realize my hubby is to blame. When we were dating, did I ever order a burger at Wendy's? NO. A lovely garden salad would do, with a side of water. Did I ever drink root beer, or any other pop for that matter? NO. It was and is so unhealthy that I swore never to drink it after the nutrition class I took in college. Did I make terrific meals everyday (OK, not quite every day) to satisfy the appetite of a 6'5" gladiator? NO. I was happy with a baked potato and salad, or maybe even some fruit and chocolate. But I think the real reason why I dont mind eating all this disgusting, yet oh so yummy food, is that my hubby is real good at making me oblivious to the fact that I am carrying around some extra love. I can eat ice cream sandwhiches by the dozen, and he just joins in on the party. I make cookie dough for eating, and all he cares about is that I save enough dough to a bake a few cookies for tomorrow's lunch. I am not complaining about having a man that loves me any way, shape or size, but shouldn't I take into account what my arteries have to say, too?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arteries are over-rated. Go with Josh, arteries, smarteries :)

Anonymous said...

i'm with laura... (and Josh)
Shimel

ec said...

you look fantastic so hats off to you. you're gettin' away with it beautifully so keep it up!