Sunday, August 7, 2011

word from the wise

We just spent a really great weekend with my extended family. My father is the oldest of 11 kids, and so when we all get together it is quite the event. We hiked in Waterton, went to the good ol' family fishing hole, and of course had a family sunday dinner. It was great to catch up with aunts, uncles and cousins. My sister-in-law asked my grandma what is the one piece of advice she would give to someone raising kids. My grandma answered: To never yell at your kids. A couple of my aunts overheard and affirmed that they had never been yelled at.

So, if Grandma, mother to 11 children could get by without needing to yell, I guess I can, too.

4 comments:

missLaura said...

Now I feel like I can too. Thanks Grandma Cahoon.

Except I'm not as patient as you are!

Marilee said...

Loved holding Thad forever at the creek. I have a really cute picture of Monet with Mark. What's your email? marileecahoon@gmail.com

Vanessa said...

Wow. I wonder how she did it. I can't manage to not with 3 kids. She must be pretty amazing!

The Pratts said...

Wow. I wish I could say I never yelled at my kids!