Friday, September 25, 2009

twin lakes day care

Here are some pics of a hike we did while we were in Montana. Twin Lakes, if I remember correctly. We were a group of 21 going up the trail, 7 adults and 14 kids!! Anyone who passed by must have thought we were crazy.



The first 500m or so I thought this was absolutely awesome. I love hiking! Something about the untouched surroundings of so many hues of green make my heart skip a beat. The endurance testing exercise hiking gives..... the mountainous 360 degree view.... the lack of noise other than my heavy breathing..... I was enjoying all of this until my 3 year old decided he couldn't go uphill anymore. And if you have seen his little body you would understand. So then I had to give him a shoulder ride while I carried baby in the backpack. Suddenly hiking didn't seem like such a good idea. What was I thinking going without Josh? Who chose to make a trail straight uphill? Why is that sun so hot? Man alive are those bushes too close and prickly!..... Am I ever glad I have a tough dad who was able carry Bo most of the way.

Made it enjoyable again.

3 comments:

missLaura said...

I love hiking too. WCT again. soon, I hope!

tracey said...

Good for you! Looks like it was a fun day anyhoo! I always get a chuckle out of your posts. SO true! Hooray for grandpa!

Ashley Dawn said...

Still can't believe you and Jarett did the 2 child carry. You guys are crazy. It was a great hike though.